BRIGHT DESIGNLAB is looking to hire a mid level Interior Designer who is well versed in interior design and assisting in running complex projects from concept, through construction to completion.
This job is about detail, organization, fostering relationships, and follow up. Creativity and what you add to the team is just as important as your ability to organize both yourself and others. You will work with a diligent, innovative team that is driven and creative. We are looking for avid learners who are passionate about design, inspired by life in general, interested in finding unique solutions, and realize the power of collaboration. Designers up for the challenge should possess a BA/BS/BFA/BIArch and have hands on interior design project experience, from Schematic Design through the Construction Administration phase preferably in both commercial and residential projects.
An ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing is key. We want you to inspire us, as much as we hope to inspire you.
THE TECHNICAL PART:
· Experienced, formally educated Interior Designer with 2-3 years in the industry, including onsite construction management experience.
· Efficient, thorough, detail oriented, and dedicated to quality work
· Strong technical and detailing skills with knowledge of ADA and current building codes
· Proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop), and SketchUp
THE PART WHERE YOUR MAD PERSONAL SKILLS COME IN:
· Efficiency: Ability to work on fast-paced / multiple projects and manage project independently
· People Skills: Work closely with clients, tapping into needs and wants and translating this into functional, amazing designs.
· Listening: Take direction from and work collaboratively both with client and the rest of the design staff.
· Integrity of Design: Interface with Contractors
This is an opportunity to join a boutique interior design firm in Portland, OR. Bright Designlab offers a competitive compensation and benefit package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send resume and cover letter as well as a personal inspiration board (pinterest or layout) to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls or agencies, please.