SENIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER
Bright designlab is actively seeking to hire a Senior Interior Designer who is well versed in interior design and running complex projects from concept, through construction to completion.
This job is about detail, organization, fostering relationships, and follow up. Creativity and what you add to the team is just as important as your ability to organize both yourself and others. You will work with a diligent, innovative team that is driven and creative. We are looking for avid learners who are passionate about design, inspired by life in general, interested in finding unique solutions, and realize the power of collaboration. The successful candidate should possess a BA/BS/BFA/BIArch and have hands on interior design project experience, from Schematic Design through the Construction Administration phase in both commercial and residential projects.
An ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing is key. We want you to inspire us, as much as we hope to inspire you.
The technical part:
· Experienced, formally educated Interior Designer with 5-7 years in the industry, including onsite construction management experience.
· Efficient, thorough, detail oriented, and dedicated to quality work
· Strong technical and detailing skills with knowledge of ADA and current building codes
· Proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop), preferably SketchUp
The part where your mad personal skills come in:
· Efficiency: Ability to work on fast-paced / multiple projects and manage project independently
· People Skills: Work closely with clients, tapping into needs and wants and translating this into functional, amazing designs.
· Listening: Take direction from and work collaboratively both with clients and the rest of the design staff.
· Getting it done: Delegate to Designers
· Organization: Manage project schedules
· Integrity of Design: Interface with contractors
This is an opportunity to join an inspired interior design firm in the progressive town of Portland, OR. bright designlab offers a competitive compensation and benefit package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. (spell our name right...it is a test). No phone calls or agencies, please.